Whirlwind

Wednesday, January 28, 2015



Hi loves! I've been having such a hard time shooting looks in this weird sunny but freezing and windy weather lately! Please bear with my photos, I will figure this out soon! :) 
Today's look features another incredible ankara maxi skirt that has stolen my heart. As a Nigerian American, ankara print has a special place in my heart. The vibrant color, the print, and meaning just speaks to me, so when my love Merry of Nomose Couture made this Oseme skirt (with a Versace inspired feel) for me and I tried it on, I fell in love. The Oseme high waisted maxi skirt features a thick quality cotton fabric, that is flattering to all shapes and did I mention it has pockets? That's always a WIN in my book! She also custom made me the fabulous ankara full skirt I wore in this look last year. If you are looking for a well made beautiful ankara print item, whether it be a high waisted or hi-low skirt, a dress, or accessories, please check out her store!
I styled black accessories around the skirt to let it shine as the focal point. The leopard skinny belt added a fun pop of interest to cinch the look and the red lining of my bucket bag complemented the red notes in the skirt. Finally, I added gold jewelry and a vibrant red lip and the look was complete.
THE RUNDOWN

[ :: Forever 21 Moto Jacket (similar) :: Gap Button up shirt (similar) :: Oseme Maxi Skirt c/o Nomose Couture :: Target Leopard Skinny Belt (similar) :: Flats (similarvery similar) :: Vintage Gold pearl necklace (similar) :: Fave Lipstick :: Earrings :: Bucket Bag (similar red optionsplurge) :: ]






THE RUNDOWN

[ :: Forever 21 Moto Jacket (similar) :: Gap Button up shirt (similar) :: Oseme Maxi Skirt c/o Nomose Couture :: Target Leopard Skinny Belt (similar) :: Flats (similar, very similar) :: Vintage Gold pearl necklace (similar) :: Fave Lipstick :: Earrings :: Bucket Bag (similar,  red optionsplurge) :: ]


Come join in on all the fun!


Linked with:

|  The Pleated Poppy  |  My Girlish Whims  |  Shopping in my Closet  |  Because Shanna Said So  |  The Mummy Chronicles  |  Pampers and Pearls  |  Two Stylish Kays  |  Thrifting Diva  |  Vintage Gwen  |  Style Honestly  |  Cappuccino & Fashion  |  Tucker Up  |  Chic Street Style  |  Mom's Morning Coffee  |  Book of Leisure  |  Posh Pair  |  Pumps and Pushups  |  Get Your Pretty On | Lisa A La Mode | Classy Yet Trendy |


Are you loving ankara print items? If so, what pieces do you own?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...