New Beginnings: God's Timing Is Perfect!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015



Happy Wednesday loves! I’ve been bursting at the seams with incredible news! Sorry this won’t just be a simple outfit post, it’s going to be a bit of a story that ends with FABULOUS NEWS.  So check out my outfit of course and read all about it below...













Outfit photography by my sister, Diana Anosike

THE RUNDOWN: 

[ :: H&M Anorak (gray option, navy option) :: H&M Striped Shirt (similar, fun option) :: Old Navy Jeans (similar, similar) :: Target leopard scarf (similar) :: Booties (very similarsimilar, leopard) :: Forever 21 Taupe tote bag (very similar) :: Watch :: Maybelline Matte Touch of Spice :: ]

Some of you may know that a little over eight months ago, I walked away from a toxic “work” environment and never looked back. With the encouragement and support of my loving husband, I felt confident in leaving my last job after a year and a half. During those months, I applied to nearly 100 jobs in and out of my desired field of education. While I enjoyed spending more time at home with my husband and puppy, I did not treat this time as a vacation or allow myself to become comfortable because I knew that I wanted to do more and I wanted a career that challenged me both professionally and personally and allowed me to grow. 

The first few weeks were a real challenge for me. I thought I would find a better job in a matter of weeks and be refreshed and ready to get back into the workplace. But I realized life doesn't work like that and it took some real adjusting, of both my mindset and attitude. It actually took me  five months once I got serious about researching, meeting faculty, and networking for the right job that would get my foot in the door. With the love and gentle pushes to keep going from God, my hubby, my mom, sisters, and friends, I began to regain the confidence that I honestly didn’t know I had lost in the past few years. My friend and mentor played a huge role in getting me in front of the right people and continued to pray for me and cheer me on. Her only request was that I pay it forward and I plan to do just that. 
I can’t thank God enough for His grace, mercy, favor, and provision and for placing the right people in my life at the right time. God’s timing is infinitely perfect. And I’ve opened up to share a little of my story just to encourage you that if you are waiting on God to move in your life for something that He has called to you to do, please make sure you wait with intention. Make the moves that will get you where you need to be. Pray to God for guidance, ask Him to place people in your life that have your best interest at heart and that will help you along the way. Ask Him to open doors for you and make sure you’re a reflection of Him when you walk in those doors. God did it for me and I know He can do it for you.  
With ALLLLL of that said, I can officially say that as of last week, I’ve accepted a position in Higher Education at the greatest school ever, the University of Kentucky!! I'm so excited to get to work with talented high school students. My first day is Monday, and I’m trying to prepare now to balance my most important role as a wife, my new career *Squeals* and blogging. I will still keep this blog running. I still have so many dreams, upcoming projects, and plans for this blog so please stick around for a fun ride! 
Have the best Wednesday of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...