Polkadots And Pastels

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It’s Humpday Loves!

I hope you’ve all had amazing weeks so far, and if you haven’t, guess what? There are only 2 days until the weekend! J There is no back story to the outfit, except when I got off work and the sun was still shining, I decided to wear this look I had been thinking about all week. As you know, yesterday was the first day of Spring, yayyy!!  I love mixing prints and solids but if you aren't adventurous enough to wear polka dots with prints or patterns, a cute alternative is to wear them with a solid bright, neutral, or pastel color like I did. 

I paired my black and white polka dot cami with my salmon pink maxi skirt and because the colors were not complimentary, they worked together in a contrastingly, subtle way. To pull the entire look together, I wore mint green flats and a vintage muted gray shoulder bag. I wore a mint green statement necklace to accompany the flats, my favorite vintage gold post earrings, rose gold boyfriend watch, and a stack of neon bracelets as accessories. Yes I wore neons with pastels and polka dots, but that is the beauty of developing your own personal style, don’t be afraid to try new things and you’ll be hooked on the endless possibilities you can come up with. Enjoy the pics!


























Will you be trying out pastels and polka dots this Spring? I have a feeling I will be recycling this idea on future posts. Thanks for reading, commenting, and following my blog loves! Please leave comments, even if it's just to say hi, it would totally make my day. *waves hi to my 2 new followers* ;o) Have a blessed rest of your week!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this...I'm so excited for spring/summer and it's fashion! Maxi skirts are my favs right now also! I'm on the hunt for more this weekend!

    ~Melissa
    www.melissachanel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! :) Definitely get some! It was so hard not to grab all the maxi skirts I found last weekend lol

      Delete
  2. Love this look a lot! My favourite. An understatement though cause I love ALL your outfits!

    xx
    nurfatiin
    inmyshawls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute
    *smooches*

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love love love this outfit! those colors are fabulous on you and i love how you paired them together! so bold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty love your style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I just came across your blog and I am staying. I love your out fit I swear we are fashion sisters. I want, no I need that necklace-FAB! Always, SOULBeautiful xx*s www.alilpieceofmysoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...