Pretty In Purple

Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Monday Loves!!
I had a great weekend! I got some much needed rest this weekend because I had no projects or papers due! J I also got to spend QT with my sis Saturday and with my guy on Sunday. How were your weekends? How did you spend them? Please feel free to leave comments, I really love hearing from you! Sooo if you’ve looked ahead to the pics, you can see I got a new hairstyle! I got a style known as box braids (Seen on Solange and Janet in Poetic Justice) done on Saturday and they are still a little sore but I am LOVING them! Especially the fact that my hair is being given a vacay and how versatile and low maintenance the style is.

On to my outfit…I wore this on Sunday because it was gorgeous outside and I felt like this outfit went perfect with my new hair style. When I saw this lovely vintage purple pussy bow blouse in the thrift store, I knew it had to be mine and I immediately began envisioning the many outfits I could style this with, as the eye-catching focal point. Color-blocking with gray and blue was the first thing that came to mind so I decided to pair this blouse with my gray flared trousers, black flats, and blue skinny belt, and vintage basket oversized clutch. This post is a little picture heavy because I was feelin’ myself a little more than usual.. ;o) Enjoy!





















Before going to dinner and to see Project X with my boyfriend!
I promise, we didn't plan to dress alike! He picked me up and we had on
matching yellow button downs and jeans! This happens all the time.
I love this man..

THE FIT: Purple blouse-thrift store, Grey flared slacks-NY&Co, Purple snake skin skinny belt-Forever21, Black flats-Target, and Purple and pink basket-weave oversized clutch-thrift store <3

I’ve really been enjoying the lady-like blouse trend lately and I love how easily they can be dressed up or down. Easy, chic styles always quickly become my favorites! What trends have you been wearing? And what styles are you planning on trying as Spring approaches? Thanks for all of your support, lovely comments, and continuing to read my blog. I love sharing my styles with you and I am excited to see how far this little blog can go this year. Have a blessed week!




13 comments:

  1. Love the braids and the purple top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the purple and gray. One of my fave outfits of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much sissy! :) means a lot coming from the tightest photog ever! ;)

      Delete
  3. Very chic, looking nice lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! leave your name next time love :)

      Delete
  4. thank you so much! That means the world to me, and I love your blog too. I'm glad I found it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. luv all the colors hun, fab hair as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much :) I'm getting used to the braids but i love them!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful!!
    love love the braids!
    ;]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...