A Peplum Dream...

Wednesday, September 12, 2012



Hi Loves! I hope your week has been going well so far! I'm so excited because today is my Friday. I'm going to Atlanta to visit my best friend and I know we are going to have an amazing time! :)

On to the look, I have been drooling over the peplum trend and I've seen so many looks on other blogs, Instagram, and in magazines. So when Sugarlips reached out to me to select an item from their amazing store, I was so excited to see this cobalt Peplum beauty on their website. This top is very well made and has beautiful detailing. I especially loved the front pleating and the slit opening in the back. I rarely wear heels and get all dressed up on this blog, but this top called for a little jazziness, don't ya think? 

I mean look at this detailing in the back! Make sure and check out Sugarlips for  more gorgeous pieces!
Style Guide:  Try wearing a peplum top with a fitted skirt, it will highlight your curves and slenderize your figure at the same time.
It's Wednesday so I'll be sharing my style with The Pleated Poppy, Rolled Up Pretty,  and  Transatlantic Blonde!!
Photographer: Diana A.
The Look: | Peplum Top: c/o Sugarlips | Skirt: Target | Shoes: DSW | Clutch: Vintage | Sunnies: H&M | Necklace: Forever 21 |
Remember all my hints about something I've been working on in my past posts?? Well I'm working on a FALL LOOKBOOK for you guys!  And above is a sneak peek of one of the looks. I hope you're excited to see what I've come up with! I can't wait to show you all the looks and I figured since I love Fall fashion so much, this would be a fun way to usher it inl! :)
Have an amazing day!

42 comments:

  1. This is too cute, like both the top and skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You look super cute and I love that your paired it with a pencil skirt! Have fun honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that peplum paired with the stripes! CUTE!


    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the striped skirt with the peplum top, so pretty!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look! Love the bright cobalt with the stripes. Is the Target skirt recent? I have been searching for a cute striped skirt, but all the ones I have found are way too short and tight. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit! I want something peplum!

    sherriamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER ADORABLE!!! It reminds me of a punchy version of what Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen wore today!

    www.theopinionatedgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect styling and I love the little slit in the back of the peplum; great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That outfit is just perfect!


    http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came here through your comment on one of someone's EBEW post. I haven't even seen your EBEW outfit but this one is too, too cut. Love the peplum.


    -Desiree, Pop-o-matic Deluxe

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute outfit! It looks so good on you!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of our latest posts feature blue peplum! Great minds think alike! :) Lovely outfit.

    -Nik

    NikGisMe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. ADORE this look, Chioma! I have become a big fan of the peplum and your tip for how to style it is right on. Love that you threw in the pop of yellow with your clutch. Can't wait to see your lookbook!!! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute are you!?!?! Love that top!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice outfit! You look great. I really like your skirt.

    Visiting from Pleated Poppy...
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  16. New to your site...and I love it!!! Peplums rock and this blue one is the bomb!!! I love it with the stripe skirt!!!!

    www.curvysoutherner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been wanting to purchase a peplum top and now seeing how you incorporated it into an outfit I am sold! I need to get myself one ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Sugarlips and this peplum top!!!! You go girl! Work it and own it!!! Love it all!! Double high five!!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Peplums have got to be one of my favorite trends ever, and that top is to die for! Beautiful look!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty peplum top! Love how you paired it with the striped skirt and yellow clutch. I haven't shopped at Sugarlips before... will definitely have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you look stunning! i loove how you wear bright bold colours (you know me i love bright colours!!) and i am loving that top on you, its perfect on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look beautiful and really classy. What a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This outfit looks great on you! I'm wearing a very similar outfit on my blog today! Only the skirt is blue and top is striped!
    Meredith
    www.createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I just love it. I'm so glad you added the link because I've been wanting a peplum top!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. you look so gorgeous and beautiful with that atunning peplum top and skirt! <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look great, I love the peplum top!!


    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the peplum top! looks great with the stripes too!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful! Love the color on that peplum top. This just reminds me of my peplum top when I was little and my mom made it for me. hehehe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning!!! And, that skirt is from Tarjay? Gotta look that one up! Can't wait to see your fall lookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this look and the yellow clutch is like the ¨icing¨ to the whole ensemble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Peplum looks so great on you! And I love the striped skirt you paired it with!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Super cute!! Peplum for the win. And I LOVE your hair!

    Kimberly
    kimberlyluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. You pull off the peplum look amazingly! I want to try the look but am nervous to! LOVE your outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. thank you all SO much! love you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...