Autumn Leaves...

Friday, August 3, 2012



Happy Friday my loves! It's almost the weekend :)...I wore this look to dinner yesterday and the print and color of this maxi skirt had me craving my all time favorite season to arrive; Autumn! I can't wait to layer and pair nudes and neutrals with bold colors and all the beauty that comes with this season. So I thought the name of one of my dad's favorite version of the song "Autumn Leaves" by Nat King Cole, was perfectly fitting for the title of this post...plus my skirt has leaves on it! (haha!) Is anyone else as ready for Autumn to arrive as I am?


Style Guide: When wearing a nude or neutral color on the bottom, try adding a bright or neon on top  to jazz up the overall look like I have done in this post. Adding a neutral skinny belt also helps to break up the look. Adding a brightly colored statement necklace doesn't hurt either right? ;o)



Photog: Diana A.
What I Wore: | Vest: Old Navy | Top: F21 | Maxi Skirt: Gap | Sandals: Old Navy | Belt: H&M | Bag & Sunnies: Vintage | Necklace: Target | Mani: Same as you saw here | Pedi: same as you saw here |

Have y'all been watching the Olympics? I've been catching my fave sports, (Tennis, Gymnastics, & Swimming), early in the am and late at night! I am loving some Gabby Douglas! She is strong, beautiful, and loves the Lord! That is so rare and she is becoming a great role model for young girls everywhere. Some of my other faves to watch have been Serena Williams, Federer, & Michael Phelps to name a few! I enjoyed seeing a few minutes of the Nigeria vs USA basketball game as I was born in the US with Nigerian parents. I would have been happy to see either team win :) Don't the Olympics just make you want to hit the gym and workout? lol! 

Have an amazing weekend lovelies!!

16 comments:

  1. Lovely skirt and the mix is very nice here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely adore the combination of your outfit, you look wonderful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! Great color combo and combo of pieces. Loving the natural hair too. I really need to start rocking mine out. ;)

    You Like It? I Made It!
    http://youlikeitimadeit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ensemble love the color of the Top

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the contrast with the skirt and the top =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    This is Cassia from Clips,Combs,and Curls. Thanks so much for your comment! I love getting comments, so thank you for spending time to leave a comment. Also, this outfit it SO cute! I love everything about it, but especially the necklace and vest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the print on that maxi - so pretty! And thanks for your sweet comment - you are too kind and I really appreciate you stopping by!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im excited to know you got this vest at such a good deal from the old navy. i am so late to get a denim vest- i need one but im such a penny pincher lol. cute look girl xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous outfit!! Looks really good on you and it makes your skin tone come out beautifully!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you so much ladies! You're so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I am still kicking myself for getting rid of my old jean jackets and vests - of course they would come back in style!

    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bright statement necklace was a great addition to this 'fit. And that skirt-chile!!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...