Style It Two Ways: Cargo Vest!

Sunday, August 12, 2012


Happy Monday Loves! I hope all of you had lovely weekends. I'm back with the second installment of my "Style It Two Ways" series! Joining me for this post is my blogger girlfriend V-neesa of Simply Chic! She has such a classy and ladylike style that is just what her title is; Chic! I immediately thought of her for this second post and was super happy that she was excited to do it! 
Today we are both adding our own twist to a popular and very versatile item that can make the simplest outfit have a a funkier edge. The cargo vest! This piece is perfect for layering and dressing an outfit up or down. You can find both lower and higher end options of this vest and it will easily become a closet staple. I literally wear mine all the time.Challenge yourself to come up with at least 5 different looks wearing it and have fun styling away! How do you wear your cargo vest?

Style Guide: Layer a cargo vest over a printed blouse when wearing a denim or solid skirt to add interest to the entire look. Add a statement necklace for some extra pizzazz!

What I Wore: |  Vest: Old Navy (early spring sale, similar cute option here) | Blouse: F21 | Chambray Skirt: Banana Republic (loving the wash of this one | Bag: Vintage Liz C. | Leopard smoking flats: DSW | Sunnies & Earrings: Vintage find |
Pictured below is a sneak peek of V-neesa's look styling her military vest! I simply adore her skirt :)
Don't forget to head over to Simply Chic to see more of how she styled her vest and tell her I sent you! 

Please feel free to email me, or comment below with your suggestions on future clothing pieces, trends, or colors you'd like to see featured on "Style It Two Ways"!

Did any of you watch the Olympics' closing ceremony last night? It was an awesome show and my favorite part was the return of the SPICE GIRLS!! I'm going to miss watching all those amazing athletes compete super late at night lol!
Have a great day!

18 comments:

  1. How adorable!! You both rocked it. I wore this vest last weekend. I posted my outfit today. I'm definitely going to pair it with a skirt next time

    www.economyofstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the style tip of layering on top of a printed blouse! Never thought of that. D'oh. I have a lot of printed dresses that my Old Navy vest would look good over.

    Great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Vivi! Def try it, it takes the look to another level :)

      Delete
  3. Cute styling. The vest just screams for layers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sing! doesn't it? Super excited for cooler weather :)

      Delete
  4. your style and hair is extra dope! <3 following.

    www.itsthejojoshow.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that vest and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute! cute! cute! i loved doing this with you :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks V-neesa! :) I'm so happy you joined me! loved your look!

      Delete
  7. Omg y'all both KILLED this vest look! Makes me wanna try a vest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popping over from SimplyChic...
    Want to follow each other?
    Drop me a note on my blog, follow and I'll follow right back!
    Thank you.

    Have a great Tuesday!

    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com/

    XOXO Dana

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post- great inspiration for a similar vest I have!

    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really fun and cute outfit! Love the blouse!

    xx TraN

    ReplyDelete
  11. You both love stunning in your vests! I haven't worn one in ages. Time to bring mine out of the closet!

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with this vest. I have searched high and low for one with no luck! Old Navy should bring it back. I'm digging how you paired it with the patterned blouse too-HOT!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...