Valentine's Day Hair with Head & Shoulders Moisture Care

Tuesday, February 10, 2015






Valentine's Day is in a few days ladies and I know you want to look gorgeous for your date or girls' night out. If you're like me, aside from makeup and a stylish outfit, when my hair is healthy and styled, I feel my most beautiful, so I have just the thing for you to achieve healthy and moisturized hair. I was so excited to try Head & Shoulder's new Moisture Care line specifically formulated for textured hair! This collection includes a shampoo, a 2-in-1 conditioner and shampoo, a co-wash, and scalp soother. The main ingredients included are vitamin E rich almond oil, coconut essence, peppermint oil, and a dandruff-fighting ingredient zinc pyrithione (ZPT). All of these products, provide moisture for your scalp and immediately and over time, help eliminate dandruff and leave you 100% flake free. 


To achieve my perfect Valentine's Day hairstyle, I started with the Head & Shoulders dandruff shampoo. I immediately noticed how thick and frothy the lather was after just a few scrubs. I loved how clean my scalp felt without feeling stripped of its moisture. 


Next, I used the dandruff shampoo + conditioner combo. It was also thick and creamy and produced a luxurious lather.



I then followed up using the co-wash. Co-washes, short for conditioner washes, have emerged as one of the alternatives to traditional shampooing and conditioning on days when women wish to omit shampoo. The co-wash was so thick and creamy and I loved how soft it made my hair feel. This can be used on days when your hair isn't super dirty but you want to refresh your hair and provide a boost of moisture. I lightly detangled my hair and rinsed out the co-wash before my final step.



The scalp soother provided a refreshing tingly feeling from the peppermint oil, when I applied it and massaged it into my scalp.


Photography by my Husband

After properly rinsing out all products, I towel dried my hair and then two strand twisted it with one of my favorite creams, wrapped it in a satin scarf and kept it that way overnight as I slept. The next day I untwisted and fluffed my hair out and it was full of volume, definition and so much moisture. 

I love that Head & Shoulders has developed a line specifically for textured hair. You can tweak the order in which you use any of these products to your liking and see what works best for you and most importantly, its affordable! For more information on the line and how you can buy these products for yourself, go here! If you get to try it out, please come back and let me know what you think!

Come join in on all the fun!


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...