Underneath The Purple Rain!!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012




It's Humpday once again loves! I'm bringing you a new post of course! I've been seeing so many stylish ladies rocking scarves and turbans online, Instagram, Pinterest, blogs, etc, so I decided to try it out with this "hippie" look I had going on, wearing this skirt you've seen before here, and I loved it! I may never be able to recreate the scarf to make it look the same way again, as it was an awesome mistake lol. But I will be wearing more scarves as turbans for bad hair days, lazy days, and when I want to look eclectic! So be on the look-out for more posts with this fabulous accessory!

Have you tried to wear a scarf as a turban to add some pizzazz to your recent styles? Please post links if you are a blogger, I'd love to see or hear how you styled it! :)


Style Guide: Try adding a longer necklace as an accessory when wearing a turban/scarf on your head to break the look down a bit and give it some balance!



As usual, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy & Rolled Up Pretty on their awesome blogs with other bloggers. Go check out the other looks and get inspired!
Photographer: Diana A. 
What I Wore: | Tank: TJ Maxx | Maxi: Marshall's | Bag: Vintage Liz Claiborne | Scarf: My sissy's! | Necklace: Rue 21 (very old) | Sunnies: H&M (very old) | Earrings: Vintage | Cap-toe Flats: Target |

So what do you think about this look loves??

Don't forget to follow me on  Instagram (@Chocolattesevofstyle) & Facebook  for updates on my life in between posts! Have a great day my loves!

35 comments:

  1. This is an easy breezy look! I love the turban!

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried a scarf yet but my daughter rocks one all the TIme. I think it's cute and very relaxed looking. Great outfit. The purple ant turquoise together is an unexpected combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absoloutely love how you mixed the same color and different textures. Beautiful

    Camille

    http://brokebombshell.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your skirt! I have no idea how to wrap the scarf on my head. I try all the time!!! :( I guess I will have to youtube it.

    xo
    Melissa
    http://sweetstylesbymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely regal! And that long pleated skirt is so so so fabulous! Love this entire look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the purple and the splashes of color just set it off! #BLMGirls

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I love everything about this outfit! :) That skirt is gorgeous, especially paired with another shade of purple, and I love the scarf too!

    Jess - J's Style
    fancypants514.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning look love the turban on u

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Skirt!!

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That purple pleated maxi skirt s beautiful and I love how the turquoise pendant pops! Visiting from WIWW.

    Chris
    chubbetteadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great outfit! that's a gorgeous purple color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love ur skirt
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the scarf as turban looks great on you, unfortunately I look ridiculous with that... And I love these purple colors on you, the maxi skirt is so pretty!

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Anita! You should totally try it, I was scared too for the longest time.

      Delete
  14. I absolutely LOVE this look! I love the great colors and the entire look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your scarf as a turban. I have work head scarfs just simply tied (a la Rosie the Riveter) but am itching to try out a bigger scarf as a turban. Any tips on how to accomplish this look girl?! Also- just found you on instagram :)

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hannah! I'm going to try and do a tutorial post next week. I like bigger square scarves, i fold it into a triangle and go from there...hopefully my post will work! This totally happened on accident though lol. Thanks so much love! I'll look for you :)

      Delete
  16. Loving this look! Very casual yet chic.

    ~ Nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you paired two different shades of purple and the turban is an amazing statement! Thanks a bunch for stopping by and commenting!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello!!!! I love everything in your blog.... please come visit my blog and if you like it let´s follow each other! let me know ok...
    kisses
    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi sweetie, I love your look, you're so pretty :P ♥
    I hope you'll like my blog^^
    Kisses

    (http://kitkatkorpan.over-blog.com) ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Christina! I'll be sure to check it out :)

      Delete
  20. I love that purple skirt! Those colors look so good together. The purse, your nails, everything is FAB! and you look great in the turban.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous purple skirt, you look so pretty! Love that headscarf too! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this outfit, the skirt is such a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  23. From head to toe this look is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I adore this look!! Awesome styling!!! Don't forget to come party with us over at Mannequin Mondays! Theartsygirlconnection.com!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...