What To Wear: Red, White, and Blue!!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012


Happy 4th of July Loves!! I'm back from my vacation and I feel refreshed, a little more tan, and mucho bug bites lol! What better day than today to introduce my "What To Wear" Series on the blog right? This series will be more of a style guide or directory of suggested looks for certain events, holidays, etc. So to start off I will be showing you an outfit I would wear for a 4th of July cookout with friends or even to go shopping! I wore a polka dot linen shirt which is lightweight and cool & perfect for a hot summer day, comfy cuffed denim shorts, paired with a small cross body bag and red flats and I was ready to go! I just realized this is my first post wearing shorts! WhoooHoooo!! another fear conquered! lol (Fist pump!!) There is something so classic about styling the colors red, white, and blue!  

PS. I've been featured over on a lovely blog! Please head over to Black Fashion Bloggers and check it out! Thanks again Nika!


STYLE TIP: If you're in an extremely HOT state like me, try adding a linen item to your look. Whether it be a linen shirt, dress, or pants, it really has a cooling effect and you will look extremely put together!! 


Photo Credit: Diana A
What I Wore: | Top: Vintage Liz Claiborne | Shorts: NY&Co | Shoes: Target | Bag: Vintage | Sunnies: Old Navy | Mani: L'oreal- Club Prive |

Below are three past patriotic looks from the blog that would be perfect for the 4th! (Click on any pic to see past outfit details)








What will you be wearing for the 4th and how are you celebrating?

Today I will be linking up with Rolled Up Pretty , Baxtron Life, Our Reflection, and The Pleated Poppy so go check out all the fab looks fellow bloggers have submitted! :)

Please email or comment for suggestions on what I should style for future posts on the newWhat To Wear series! Can't wait to hear what you u suggest!

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram  (@Chocolattesevofstyle) for updates on my life between posts!

Happy 4th of July!!

29 comments:

  1. I love these outfits! And I love that they can be worn any day of the year too!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! i had no idea i dressed in these colors so often lol. thanks Kacie: )

      Delete
  2. Love your polka dot shirt and you look great in your shorts! ;)
    Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! The past outfits look good too. This outfit is perfect for going to watch fireworks. Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you April! I hope you had a fun 4th too :)

      Delete
  4. Ohhhhhh I'm jealous of your polka dot top! And that it's vintage?!?!?! AHHHHHH!

    Thanks for the sweet comment on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! I snatched it up so fast lol. Had a missing button but who cares? its linen and polka dot :)

      Delete
  5. Cute polka top!

    xo
    Melissa
    http://sweetstylesbymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving your style lady! especially the blue polka dots! I had so much for dressing for the 4th too!
    happy to have found your stylish blog, following you now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it so much fun? Aww thank you Mae, you're so sweet! :)

      Delete
  7. Super cute. Love your 4th outfit!

    Melissa
    www.melissachanel.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohm Chioma! I am all about that polka dot blouse! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Swoon!!! I love your polka dot blouse!! Polka dots make the world a better place :)

    xx Jenee C.
    http://camomeetscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they absolutely make the world a better place! Lol that and leopard :) thank you Jenee!

      Delete
  10. You look beautiful! That blouse is gorgeous! xx

    {Satin&Souffles}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just fell in love with your blog, is so cute and interesting... If you have time please visit my blog and if you like it let me know if you want us to follow each other ok!
    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chioma, yes I would love to follow each other and stay in touch. Following you now. By the way, congrats on being featured it's always exciting when that happens.

    xx Jenee C.
    http://camomeetscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the follow, I use a Nikon D90 to shoot and then afterward touch up in photoshop since the pics always turn out a little darker than I like. Stay in touch! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem! Love your blog :) thanks, I'm looking to upgrade cameras and your pics are great!

      Delete
  14. loving all the looks and have a soft spot for the blue maxi!

    xoxo
    Val
    http://valverdestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Val! It's literally one of my faves, I'd style it everyday if i could :)

      Delete
  15. I love the polka dots! I also like how easy and relaxed, yet stylish the maxi skirt looks on you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't help but smile when Polka Dots are being worn. Love the top mixed with jean shorts! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There's something about polka dots that I just can't get enough of. Love your effortless style!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...