Classic Vibrancy...

Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Monday! How were your weekends? Mine was a little play but mostly work! As I mentioned, last week was my finals week for my grad program and I knocked out my thematic unit plan and a 27 page paper in the last 6 days! (I deserve an adult beverage lol) Anywho, on to today's outfit. When it comes to my personal style, I like to play with color, but I also love classic looks. In this look, I combined my love of the two. So while I kept the base classic, with a black fitted boyfriend blazer, striped top, and jeans. I also added a leopard scarf for warmth and neutrality and added my chartreuse loafers and red bag to add vibrancy. This is pretty much one of my go to staple looks during the Fall, so look forward to seeing variations of it here on the blog!  
Style Guide: Just because it's Fall, don't shy away from incorporating vibrancy into your daily looks. Adding a brightly colored bag, shoe, or scarf, (hell all 3!), can really take the simplest outfit to the next level!
Photographer: Diana
THE LOOK: | Blazer: Express (gifted by my honey 3yrs ago), similar option here! | Striped Sweater: F21 (3yrs old, but loving this option and this!) | Jeans: Gap Premium Skinny | Loafers: Urban Outfitters (lusting after these!) | Vintage Cranberry Coach Bag: Only $20 from an Atlanta thrift store! | Scarf: Aldo | 

Linking up for Monday Mingle today!

What are some of your staple looks for Fall?? I'd love to hear from you! 
Have an amazing day! 

33 comments:

  1. Too cute!! I love bold vibrant colors in Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet look!
    Like your bag and flats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the casual look! You hair and those shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so pretty! I love the bright yellow shoes.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this! The loafers are perfect! Oh and good work on your paper - you definitely need to reward yourself with an adult beverage :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ashley! i totally had a glass of wine ;)

      Delete
  6. I love the bright bag and bright shoes together!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this and I am now following you!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i love all these colors girl
    xx the cookies samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com visit <3 share the feeling <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the bold bag and shoes! great touch!

    xo.melody

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen to incorporating vibrant colors during fall! I love it when I see a girl walking down the street in bold hues on a gray day. And the primaries with stripes is darling, Chioma! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chioma, love, love, love this looks! All of the wonderful bright colors, mixed with such fun patterns. Is that a $20 Coach bag? Score! A classic. My ultimate fall staple is the denim jacket.. I have dark and light wash and wear pretty much every season. Love a scarf and fedora too :). Also, have no idea why I have not been officially following, but I am not via Bloglovin'!
    Whitley
    www.thequeencitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok, you already know I love everything about this outfit - blazer, stripes, leopard and cute flats...but that bag! I'm so jealous. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm glad you like. I love your style too. That bag was such a lucky find!

      Delete
  13. omg! i'm sooooo silly. i was looking at your blazer and thinking "that's a great length" and then i realized i have that blazer!!! haha. super cute. i'm going to whip it out with some stripes and my leopard scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! please do, can't wait to see you style it :)

      Delete
  14. Love your slippers! :) They're so cute!
    Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bright colors and the mix of the scarf! Stop by my blog sometime to see if you would like to follow me too :)
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a really fun twist on a classic look! I love your neon loafers! Too cute! You are a machine getting that paper done! Go girl! Best of luck to you! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you infuse color in your outfits, it always looks amazing & you wear them beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute look! Love the flats!

    xo
    Melissa
    http://sweetstylesbymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi saw your blog on WIWW, and you look very cute!!! love the shoes

    I am your newest follower, so when u get a chance please stop my blog. : ) have a great evening!

    http://lovelyarmywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE this look! Those shoes are amazing!!

    XO http://shesaidhesaid-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cutesy shoes! Good suggestion about wearing color into fall. I have so many bright items from spring/summer and was worried I would have to put them away. Maybe now I won't! :)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your style is awesome! Love your blog!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your colour combination... too nice!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love your sense of styl and colors. its so nice, im new on this lets follow each other please. www.fashion-in-translation.blogspot.com. your blog is too cool

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...