Blood Orange...

Monday, October 22, 2012


Hi everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was the perfect balance of fun and relaxation. I had an amazing time at the step show I mentioned in the last post, Friday night and on Saturday, J and I just stayed in and ate leftovers, drank homemade margaritas, and had a Parenthood marathon!! I love lazy days, I don't get them often so when I do, I take full advantage! lol

As much as I've been loving red lately, I am also loving deep orange hues. The blazer I wore to homecoming this past weekend had orange in it (full outfit post coming soon!), the blazer I wore here during J's proposal to me was blood orange, and finally here in this look, are all examples of how much I having been loving this color. And it's not just any orange, its the deep, dark, orange, almost red color that I can't seem to get enough of! It really adds a special touch to any outfit, that a regular orange just won't do, like in this look layered over a simple oxford shirt, jeans, and leopard loafers!
 
Style Guide: When wearing this vibrant hue, keep every piece in the rest of the outfit subtle and almost neutral so that the sweater remains the focal point of the look.
Found the cutest pink exposed brick building and I just had to stop for a couple of quick shots!










Photographer: Diana A.
THE LOOK: | Cable knit sweater: H&M | Oxford Shirt: Thrifted | Jeans: Gap Premium Skinny | Loafers: Target | Clutch: Thrifted | Necklace: Forever21 | 


What colors are you loving to wear this fall?
Have a wonderful day!

22 comments:

  1. I love the blood orange - it's such a happy color! My sweetie and I had a Parenthood Marathon this weekend too - love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! I'm definitely loving blood orange! Another one of my favorite colors this season has been anything in plum or wine. Fall colors just do it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute look mama!! Love your sweater and leopard loafers. Yes!!

    With Love,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweater! You styled it perfectly! And the color looks amazing on you!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is perfect! I love a button down under a sweater. Glad you found me, I really like your style:)
    xx, amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad it's finally sweater weather! Love that color!
    ♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE how you styled the sweater! I WILL be stealing, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such amazing style! Seriously; every look is so put-together and beautiful.
    As far as my weekend was concerned, it was great! Pretty low-key; but thats how I like it!
    Sounds like you had an amazing weekend as well :)

    xoxo,
    tiana of l'esthetique

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sweater, great colour!

    www.fashioncontainer.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sweater, cute look
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love classic looks like these! The color of that sweater is perfection! And I love your loafers! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the simplicity and chic style. I am such big fan of burnt orange. It looks great over the fall background

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sweater is a gorgeous color for fall - and pairing it with those leopard flats is perfection!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the sweater, the colour is gorgeous!!!
    NANCIEMWAI.COM

    ReplyDelete
  15. how pretty! i adore this color -and actual blood oranges and their juice! YUM!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails // current giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sweather, I order it today online in the color neon ;-)
    Follow you now!

    XxX
    htt"://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also am deeply in love with both red-orange and Parenthood! And your outfit looks great!! Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute sweater!


    www.nuff-stuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...