Fall 2012 Style Lookbook!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hi Loves! As you know, there are tons of fashion trends this season and it's important to find the ones that work best for you and your personal style. Whether you have your fall wardrobe already on lock or you are looking to add some pieces to jazz things up a bit, here are some ideas of Fall trends that I am currently loving! Enjoy!

Look 1: Layers, Polka-dots, & Oxblood

As the temperature begins to drop, layering is the key to keeping warm while looking stylish. In this look, I layered a vintage parka vest over this fun polka-dot sweater and oxblood maxi skirt. The vest complements and pulls together the deep red color of the skirt and the contrasting black and white sweater. This fall, instead of smaller subtler dots, try bigger and bolder dots against a vibrant color!


Look 2: Burnt Orange & Printed Blouses




Burnt orange is a perfect color trend this season. The color matches the leaves on the trees as well as adds a refreshing pop of color that gives a retro feel to the overall look. Finding the perfect shade for you is essential to avoid looking washed out. The blouse should always be a wardrobe staple. This season, they are loose fitted and almost sheer. The printed blouse trend has rolled right over from the Spring into Fall and with the one I'm wearing from Old Navy with leaves on it, under my vintage blazer (also worn here), who can resist snagging one?
Look 3: Military/Army Jacket & Pops of Color
The Military Jacket is perfect for this season. It can be layered over knits, blazers, oxfords, or even maxi skirts. These jackets are not as thick as winter coats but are just right for those breezy evenings out on the town. The military jacket comes in a plethora of cuts and shapes. They also come in several colors and are extremely comfy.  They can also be dressed down with jeans and a pop of color and and animal print like I have pictured below.
Look 4: Chunky Sweaters & Denim
The time is finally here to wear cozy, chunky sweaters! You can pair these over leggings or denim for a daytime look (pictured below) or wear it over a form-fitting dress or skirt as I did in the first look! This creme woven chunky sweater is thrifted and one of my absolute favorites! I layered it over a blue oxford shirt with jeans and gold boat shoes! (this pic was taken mere hours before my honey proposed to me here!)
I hope you have found some inspiration from these four Fall Looks I have put together!! I can't wait to hear your thoughts :o) Stay tuned as I am working on a Part Two! 

I am also sharing my style on The Pleated Poppy, Rolled Up Pretty, and Transatlantic Blonde blogs today!

Have a wonderful day!

28 comments:

  1. You look amazing in all of these, but my absolute favorite is the first one. Polka dots AND burgundy? SOLD.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have all the fall trends down! You are rocking each look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing post! So much inspiration in one place :) Loving your camo jacket outfit, so stinkin' cute!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great - good work! All of the outfits are wonderful, but I definitely think I need a printed blouse now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great - good work! All of the outfits are wonderful, but I definitely think I need a printed blouse now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute looks! I think I love the first one best. Be sure to grab the badge/link :)

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice & simple, with lots of personality and perfect for everyday wear LOVE IT!

    XX
    Roxy
    #BLM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need that orange blazer in my life! Love it! #blmgirl :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cute! The polka dots are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your look book , I got a great military coat with rhinestones from Zara that I haven't worn - that I will pair with a belt like you.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great look book I need a army jacket

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these looks! You look great. Congratulations on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yaaayyyy! Your lookbook is here! So many teasers along the way, I have been looking forward to this. They are all darling and well-styled, but I have to name the first look as my favorite. I adore the dots, and I love the the balance of the feminine sweater and skirt with the more tom boyish vest. It's darling! Great job, Chioma!!! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know i thought it would be fun lol. i'm so happy you were excited to see it! made it worth it :)

      Delete
  14. My favorite is the polka dot and oxblood look! I'm obsessed with polka dots :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Chicnova Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my fave are military jacket and the last one with the jeans and sweater...love those 2 looks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look cute and very fall appropriate with the layers! My favs are 1 and 3!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all these fall looks! Fabulous!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the looks hun! This is such an awesome post! Now I just need to find me a military/camo jacket lol!

    -Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to get me my own military jacket and hoping for free. LOL! A friend of mine is going to give me one and I can't wait to have it! :) Loving all the looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you so much Serena! start off with accessories and soon you'll want to add more and more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks everyone! i'll be starting the 2nd part of my fall look book soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE it! Just pinned this. Your style is what I'm working toward, except I promised myself no shopping for the last half of 2012. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...