Unforeseen Love...

Friday, October 19, 2012

Hi loves! I hope you all have had wonderful weeks and are looking forward to the weekend! I am super excited to get my weekend started tomorrow. It's homecoming at my Alma mater (UK!) and tomorrow we're going to the step show for the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) Greeks. I am a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (so I hope my sorority wins!), and can't wait to see my sorority sisters, old friends, and just enjoy the show with my fiance and sis! 
On to today's look (which was inspired by this look!), I have really been falling in love with the color red lately. I had a real aversion to this color in the past, and therefore never owned anything red, but this fall I find myself gravitating towards it. In fact, there has been a pop of red in every post this week, here and hereOn top of that, I'm wearing so much black in this look and I rarely wear black!! Don't worry, I love my bright colors, but this black on black look made me feel kinda cool and edgy. ;) 
Style Guide: When wearing the top and bottom of your look are the same color, try wearing a bright scarf or necklace to break the look apart and give it some interest!
Cheers to the freakin' weekend!!
Photographer:
Diana A.
THE LOOK: | Faux Leather Moto Jacket: Target-5/6 years old, but I love this one! | Oxford & Earrings : Thrifted | Jeggings: F21 | Leopard Smoking Flats, Scarf, & Envelope Clutch : Target | 

Do you find yourself gravitating towards colors you usually wouldn't wear this season? 

Have a great weekend loves!

22 comments:

  1. Cool look. I like the printed clutch and shoes; those two things made the look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your leather jacket. You look super cute! Have a great weekend. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute look! Good luck to you and your sisters ;-)

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your jacket and clutch! So adorable :) And yes... cheers to the freakin' weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look GREAT! I love the clutch!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute look! Love the clutch!

    xo
    Melissa
    http://sweetstylesbymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sense of style!! Cute look, girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pop of color with your scarf!! Happy Friday!!

    PS. I'd love it if you could visit my blog and follow me if you like it!! :)

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the jacket, so chic!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute! And I love the pop of colour!

    xx
    Fatin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Oh and I used to be on a step team and loved it so much... I miss it! Good luck to your sorority!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both clutches and scarfs and the ones you have I want both!!!!
    Love the outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amanda! Go to target or f21, they have fab options!

      Delete
  13. Great outfit- love the clutch!
    And thanks for commenting on my blog! I wanted to reply to you, but your email addy is "no-reply.blogger.com"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are so cute! i agree with your style tip! a pop of color is always important in any look =)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post. Thanks for sharing your fashion insights!

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    the personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous look! Loving your hair!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...