Neon, Paisley, And a Pop of Red!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012



Happy Humpday Loves! I hope your week has been going well. Today was a relaxed yet productive day for me. I spent the day cleaning, doing homework, and I met my mentor for lunch. She is so sweet, awesome, and accomplished. She is an academic ombud, professor, mental health counselor, and more! Hearing her talk about ALL she does and has done, motivates me to do more and work even harder to make my dreams come true. I was beginning to feel a lack of energy and had become overwhelmed with work and grad school and she totally understood and helped encourage and inspire me. Sometimes you just need that extra push from someone who has been there and done that, ya know? Well here's what I wore to meet her for a yummy seafood lunch on the patio, by the water...Enjoy the pics! 

I am also linking up for the NEON challenge over the blog Everybody Every Wear!! Head over there to check out all the fabulous looks!

Neon | Everybody, Everywear

 STYLE TIP: Wearing a print or neutral with a neon is a good way to give the entire look balance. 






Photo Credits: Diana A.

What I Wore: | Top: F21 | Skirt: H&M | Peep-toe flats & Necklace: Target |  Bag: Vintage |  Jewelry: Watch- Charming Charlie, Bracelet- Gap | Mani & Pedi- Sally Hansen's Blue Away |

PS. Though I've been loving incorporating neons into my wardrobe, this super vibrant yellow has a  way of washing me out, and I almost didn't post this look! I also added a statement necklace to go with the skirt you've seen in a post here to help take away from the highlighter effect happening lol. What do you think of this look? Love to hear from you!! 

PSS. Today, I am linking up with Savannah over at Rolled Up Pretty  so head over and check out all the fabulous ladies's looks (try saying the last three words 5x fast lol!)  Have a great rest of your day!

31 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love your neon look!! Very flashy which is perfect for summer! I wish I could rock the whole neon trend. D; I can't do neon justice. >< lolz! Anyways I really like how the red accents your outfit and your skirt looks super cute! :D

    The Krystel Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Melissa! I almost didn't post it because the top was so bright, neon is hard to pull off! Try it, you may like it :)

      Delete
  2. That top is so cute!

    xo
    Melissa
    http://sweetstylesbymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lovelovelove this skirt! I used to be "paisley-crazy" when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the look, especially neon and paisley combination...your style tip is so true and it creates such a good balance (we have similar styles)! :) That Target necklace is so cute and give a great pop of color to the look! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, The Tiny Librarian. I am following you and look forward to more tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Julie! I really appreciate it, I will be following you back, because I love your style as well. :)

      Delete
  5. wow super color.. a kiss from Italy

    www.glamourcomal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the colors of this outfit, you paired it really nicely. The print on the skirt is fabulous as well. Your blog is lovely!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love how many people are rocking the neon. you look great!
    -kw, ladiesinnavy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im glad u posted it! This neon look is bomb on u!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, the print on your skirt is just beautiful and I love that you paired it with a bright top- so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an inspiring day! And your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really was Channing! I needed it lol. Thanks :)

      Delete
  11. aren't you loving this neon trend?? you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adore your skirt, absolute beaut x

    http://styleofalondontallgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely <3

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. love yellow!!!

    curcolat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That nail polish is beautiful! The whole outfit it striking- normally I wouldn't pair a neon with a print, but you pull it off!

    Veralynn
    joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so in love with this skirt! And I have those shoes in yellow love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, that necklace came from Target, I need to get there ASAP! It's amazing and I like your outfit. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pop of red and very cute skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your neon look especially since I'm starting to like yellow right now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have that same skirt! I got mine at Goodwill though. I like the way you styled your outfit with it :)

    http://thismummasstyle.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...