Style It TWO Ways: Cobalt BLUE

Friday, June 22, 2012


Happy Friday Loves! Today's post is special, because it is my first collaboration post with one of my blogger girlfriends, Melissa! I just love her style and blog so much, and I 'met' her on Instagram! I love seeing her style/natural hair pics everyday and we even have friends in common, though we've never met! So I asked her to partner up with me for the new series I'd like introduce to the blog; STYLE IT TWO WAYS. I was so happy that she said yes! We are both styling the color cobalt blue today and adding our own personal twist to it! Blogging has really been a creative outlet as well as an awesome way for me to network and 'meet' new wonderful ladies with similar interests in life and style. I love seeing how other bloggers put their spin on a look, color, or item of clothing, so I think this post, where we both show you, is a really cute idea!

This look is super simple with a few accessories to add interest to the look. I wore my cobalt blue maxi skirt you've seen before here. I decided to add my red & blue scarf to spice up my simple cream blouse, that you've seen here. I threw on my go to sandals, tribal printed clutch, and I was ready to go. My boyfriend said I "looked patriotic" lol. And he was right, something like this (maybe with a tank because of the heat & bbqs), would be perfect to wear for the 4th of July! 

So don't forget to head over to Melissa's blog where she styles the cutest looks, goes to fabulous natural hair and fashion events, gives hair tips, and more! So go check out how she styled the look and tell her I sent ya! Here's a sneak peek below : 
                           




Style Tip: If you don't have a statement necklace that works with your outfit, loosely circle a light scarf around your neck to add some eye-catching interest to the entire look!



Photo Credits: Diana A. 
Yayyy! It's Friday! hahahaha!
What I Wore: | Blouse: A'gaci | Skirt: F21 | Scarf: The Limited | Clutch: Target | Sandals: Old Navy |  Sunnies: Vintage | 

PS. If there are any trends, colors, or items of clothing, you'd like to see featured in a future "Style It TWO Ways" collaboration post, please comment or email your suggestions!! :)

What do you think of this look styling Cobalt Blue? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for continually supporting, commenting, and following my blog! Hope you all have a lovely weekend! :)

28 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful! i love the clutch - the pattern is to die for!
    kw, ladiesinnavy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blue. The scarf is a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cobalt blue and I love maxis, so you are killin' it, Chioma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cobalt blue looks so pretty on you, I love the color!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tip on using a scarf instead of necklace for a statement piece. I need to do that more often!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the skirt! You make me want to throw mine on. I'll go visit Melissa's blog and see how she wore it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I forgot we had the same one :)

      Delete
  7. Awesome collab between the blogs and Love this look! I actually found your blog a couple weeks ago thru melissachanel - i love both of your styles and i now follow you both on instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww such a small world! thanks! Leave your name next time love :)

      Delete
  8. Loving your looking. Definitely going to peek over at Melissa's to see how she rocked it.

    -Shakiyla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cobalt blue! I'm really wanting pants that color!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kacie! Oooh that sounds super cute! I'd love to see how you style it :)

      Delete
  10. OKAY SERIOUSLY!??? I am OBSESSED with your ENTIRE outfit! The scarf, the skirt, the clutch! SO SO CUTE!!! Perfect for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute! i love all your styles tips and i love style it two ways. very cute concept. headed to check out the other look now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I'm glad you like them and the new idea :)

      Delete
  12. The Cobalt Blue is stunning... thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. blue and white looks greta on you- thanks for the style tips!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cure cobalt blue skirt!!!


    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Luv ur looks, this blue is a great color. I've been trying to wear this skirt I have for a while now but wasn't sure how, so thanks 4 the ideas, and I visited melissa chanel also, great stuff!! Stay sweet Candi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the vibrancy of the blue skirt! Very stylish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. FANTASTIC VISUAALLLS! OH I LOVE IT :). I am now following. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. Hope to hear from you soon.

    ps. be sure to check out my side links :)

    god bless,
    steven

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the blue skirt, and many thanks for the scarf tip! Tres chic.


    www.blazyfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice post. Love the outfit!
    xo.
    http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm loving the blue..you look FAB! The scarf is definitely a great style tip. You have given me some inspiration and additional ideas on how to wear my royal blue maxi.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The color of that skirt is amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...