Turquoise & Blue Watercolor...

Wednesday, June 20, 2012


Happy Humpday Loves! Thanks so much for all your lovely suggestions and sweet words on my last post! With all those ideas, I'm totally keeping the skirt! So, today's look is an example of how I revamp older clothing styles into something a little more current. This dress is about two years old, do you remember the dresses made to look like they were a skirt and tank? Well I still love this dress and its fun watercolor print, so I decided to add a thick nude belt to divide the outfit for some balance. I threw on my turquoise bubble necklace, over sized clutch, newly favorite nude sandals, and I was out the door for dinner :) 

Today I am linking up with The Pleated Poppy, Rolled Up Pretty, and A Little Bit of Lacquer so head over to those lovely blogs to see what other bloggers wore today. I love looking through link ups for inspiration, who doesn't love to be stylishly inspired? Enjoy the pics! :)

Style Tip: Adding a chunkier belt to a dress with two different colors/prints on the bottom and top half, instead of a skinny one, will give you more of an hour glass silhouette in an otherwise shapeless dress. 





Photo Credits: Diana A. 
What I Wore: | Dress: Target (old) | Sandals: Old Navy | Clutch: Vintage | Belt: H&M | Jewelry: Various boutiques, thrifted, and JCrew | Mani: Sally Hansen-Mellow Yellow | Pedi: Essie- Lovey Dovey | 

Thanks so much for all of your continued comments and support loves, it means the world to me! 

PS. Stay tuned for a cool fashion collaboration post with one of my blogger girlfriends on Friday! ;o)

FOLLOW ME: 
Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest , & Instagram  @Chocolattesevofstyle  

30 comments:

  1. You look fab--I really like this look. Makes me wish I'd never gotten rid of a dress I had similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chioma....you always look so cute!!!! Love your necklace.

    xo
    Melissa
    http://sweetstylesbymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so beautiful! I LOVE how you accessorized this already pretty dress!

    ~CP, ladiesinnavy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing Chioma! Those blues are perfect with your skin tone and the contrasting heels look fantastic! This look is so chic and polished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Bonnie! I've been loving blue and teals lately, you're so sweet :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Chioma! Saw you at WIWW (Pleated Poppy). I love your outfit, and that necklace adds the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww hi Jeanine! yayy! I love that link up and meeting new people! thank you so much and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous skirt, the colors are so pretty!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute pairing and that skirt is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turquoise looks great on you!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. EXACTLY my style! I love it. And I think you've convinced me that I really MUST get that necklace.. every time I see it I love it! Great outfit love!
    Distinctly M

    ReplyDelete
  10. We really like how you styled this, the accessories with the dress - perfection!

    xx
    5th&6th

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! Speaking of layering, I LOVE that accessories shot second from bottom. Everything you've done here is so much fun! You really have the sweetest face. Your hair, cheeks and lips... Just so happy and fun! Thanks so much for visiting, so I could find your site!
    Best, Whitley @ the Queen City Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors of the skirt part of the dress, looks perfect with that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are too cute!! Love your springy outfit. That clutch is Everything!!! Found your blog via Style and Poise. Now following you :)

    XoXo,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much Ashley! That makes my day. Welcome to the fun, I'll be over to check yours out!! :)

      Delete
  14. Luv this look..... Fab hair and makeup and that clutch is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the necklace! What a pretty dress-good idea to hang on to it!

    <3 your nail color as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cute summer outfit. I absolutely love the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much love! it's become one of my favorite pieces :)

      Delete
  17. Such a cute outfit and there's that necklace that I've been seeing EVERYWHERE! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dress is SO cute, and love the chunky necklace!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  19. This dress is super cute on you! I really like the bib necklace too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This whole outfit is on point! You look fabulous!

    Burgundywhispers.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! You recreated this perfectly with the addition of the belt and necklace. Nice look.

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...